The Benefits of Fasting... 16 hours all the way to 72
Dr Berg is another of the very switched on Keto Purest who used to say that Exogenous Ketones were not need, but has recently started to promote them for their many benefits.
Dr Eric Berg Outlining The Benefits of Fasting, from intermittent to Extended…
As you read and watch this, keep in mind that when you put this all together, this is why we recommend ketones daily and reboot monthly:
- 0:05 Fasting explained
- 0:38 Effects of fasting after 12 hours
- 1:21 Effects of fasting after 18 hours
- 2:37 Effects of fasting after 24 hours
- 6:23 Effects of fasting after 48 hours
- 6:54 Effects of fasting after 72 hours
- 7:24 How to get these incredible effects of fasting In this video, we’re going to talk about what happens on the inside of your body when you’re fasting.
There are a lot of beneficial effects of fasting on the body. Over a long period of time, the human body has developed and adapted to starvation. However, our bodies have not adapted to frequent eating.
What happens when we fast?
Effects of fasting after 12 hours—There is a spike in growth hormone. Growth hormone is involved with:
• Fat burning
• Healing joints
• Protein synthesis Effects of fasting after 18 hours—You develop autophagy.
Autophagy is involved with:
• Recycling old and damaged proteins as well as microbes
• Decreased amyloid plaquing Effects of fasting after 24 hours—You really start to deplete your glycogen reserve and run on ketones.
Benefits of fasting after 24 hours:
• Decreased hunger
• Decreased cravings
• Increased antioxidant reserve
• Increased oxygen
• Better fuel efficiency
• Decreased inflammation
• Improved cardiovascular function
• Improved cognitive function Effects of fasting after 48 hours:
• Stimulate stem cells
• Decreased risk of cancer/tumors
• Make more mitochondria Effects of fasting after 72 hours—Do periodically
• More stimulation of stem cells
• Better immune function How to get these incredible effects of fasting:
• Do intermittent fasting on a regular basis
• A good average pattern of intermittent fasting is doing 18 hours of fasting with a 6 hour eating window
Do periodic prolonged fasting to achieve additional fasting benefits
• Take minerals during fasting (water along with nutrients )
• Exercise in the mornings
• You may have increased LDL (This may not be something to worry about)
Dr. Eric Berg DC
Bio: Dr. Berg, 53 years of age is a chiropractor who specializes in Healthy Ketosis & Intermittent Fasting.