This is a very simplistic explanation of why you are experiencing certain symptoms during your ReBoot. Every ReBoot, for every person, is different.
While we used reputable, trusted sites to find this information, this is still just anecdotal evidence, and we are not physicians, so please consult your physician with concerns.
- This is one of the first signs of detox. Your body is smart, and uses the largest organ to expel waste.
Source: Oily Skin
- Your body is using adipose tissue (fat) as fuel, but has not adapted yet. Headaches are also caused by dehydration and electrolyte imbalance.
- Sweat helps activate the organs to engage in eliminating toxins.
- The body is conserving energy as it realizes something is happening.
Source: Why I feel cold
- The liver is detoxing.
- Once you have “made the switch” from sugar burning to fat burning, you will feel strong and motivated. Ketone powers, unite!!
Source: The feeling of Euphoria
- glycogen is being pulled from the muscles.
Source: Understanding Dizziness
- Due to increased blood acitity while the body is starting to burn its own fat. This will subside once the transition is complete. (Dr Nikolayev)
- This happens during the first stages of detox and will clear once detox is complete.
- Acetone, a ketone body, exits through the lungs and causes sweet smelling breath.
Source: Bad Breath
- Typically happens during an extended, physician supervised fast, not a wash. It is, however, a sign of repair.
Source: Increased Mucus
- This is a sign of improved brain function likely due to the rise in ketone levels and more stable blood sugar levels.
- Your body is running out of glycogen and not yet making ketone bodies.
- should subside, but are part if the transition. The bowls, like the sinus, also increase mucus. The worse the digestive issues seem, the more your body needs to detox.
- The increase in adrenaline and orexin because of the decrease in insulin causes this. Adrenaline is a hormone that converts glycogen back to glucose to feed the brain. Orexin is the hormone that is functional in the regulation of arousal, appetite, and sleep.
- Ketosis causes a reduction in water weight. As you deplete your glycogen stores, the glycogen binds to water, and is excreted.
- Because of the diuretic effect of ketones, the stool may not have enough water. Hydration can be restored by drinking more water with PHSS.
- Sympathetic (fight or flight) vs Parasympathetic (rest and digest) nervous systems are triggered. Food triggers parasympathetic activation; urgent lack of food triggers sympathetic activation. Hunger implies a need to wake up sympathetic, causing aggressive feelings.
Again, it is vitally important that you listen to your body. Our disclaimer advises that you stop the ReBoot and consult your physician if you feel unwell.